Iron Designs puts Health and Safety right at the top of its list of priorities.
Iron Designs Limited is a CHAS (The Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme) registered member, and is committed to ensuring the health and safety of everyone who works for the company and also of everyone who may be affected by the company’s work activities, including visitors, clients, contractors, and the general public.
Our Health and Safety Policy sets out the arrangements that are necessary to achieve the above while complying with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and all other applicable legislation.
The company will ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that:
- Safe equipment is provided and safe systems of work are devised and implemented
- Adequate arrangements are in place for the safe use, handling, storage and transport of materials, substances and equipment
- Sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision is given to ensure the health and safety of employees and others affected by their actions
- A safe workplace, including a safe means of entering and leaving workplaces, is provided and maintained
- The working environment is without risks to health and adequate welfare facilities are provided
It’s company policy to consult with employees on health and safety issues before updating or modifying any part of the policy and to provide training and information as appropriate. We’ll do as much as is reasonably practicable to ensure that health and safety arrangements are adequately resourced at all times.
This policy can only be successful with the active co-operation of employees, who have responsibility for taking care of themselves and others, following safe working procedures and reporting any safety issues as soon as possible.
This policy will be reviewed annually and revised as necessary in response to changes in legislation or methods of working.